You may recall my big contest a few (11) months ago where readers helped me pick my outfit for the Listen To Your Mother show.
Many people sent in outfit ideas. I tried most of them on…
…picked three finalists, and you all voted for your favorite. The person with the winning-est outfit won a free home paint and design makeover from Kennedy Painting, free hair makeover from KINK Hair and a free photography session to capture their mess of Fabulous from Karen Hendrix Photography.
And I also won because I did not look like a total douche in front of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people as I made my first official public appearance (table dancing at baptisms excluded):
Well, I’m nothing if not on top of my to-do list *feeds dead hamster* so, without further ado, I present you with your grand champion… Christina.
A mere 11 months later.
Room makeover from Kennedy Painting:
And… hold onto your hats… AFTER:
KINK Hair makeover and Karen Hendrix photo session:
Because I had so much fun giving away the first prize pack, I’m doing it again (but on a slightly smaller scale that does not involve me dragging three kids to the mall and trying on 83749874923847923874 dresses).
No… this time I’m going to make you do all the work.
To enter, email a picture of the worst haircut you’ve ever had to skidmarking at gmail dot com by midnight on Wednesday, April 9.
Don’t act like you’ve always looked this fabulous. I know you’ve had one. We’ve all had one. Or ten.
It can be from high school:
Or maybe your Mom tried to give you a perm once and promised you that you would look EXACTLY like Top Gun Kelly McGillis and mid-way through the 4-hour hell you scream IT BURNS! OH CHRIST THE SOLUTION IS EATING THROUGH THE SKIN ON THE TOP OF MY EARS and then you have your first mother/daughter talk about beauty being pain but then the rollers come out and there’s no beauty and everyone is a liar and you can almost feel the electricity coursing through your follicles as you hesitate to turn on the light switch for fear of blowing up the h0use via the power harnessed within your hair:
Or maybe you just went through a ‘weird phase’:
Whatever the reason, I’ll pick my three favorites and publish them on the blog on Thursday, April 10.
Then you all, my loyal readers, will vote for your favorite. The person with the most votes by noon on Monday, April 14th will receive:
1. A $100 gift card from Kennedy Painting as well as a 1-hour design and color consultation. This means their interior designer will come to your house, give you suggestions on furniture arrangement and decor using existing pieces in your house. She’ll also give you color recommendations for your walls, and can even do a 3-D rendering of the whole thing to make sure you feel SUPER confident before their painters fire up their rollers.
2. A $100 KINK Hair gift card to use with master head banger Carrie Straatman to fix The Nasty living on top of your head. Can be used toward the same perm you’ve had since college, or she can give you suggestions for a whole new fabulous ‘do.
Unfortunately my oh-so-talented photographer friend Karen Hendrix has decided to pursue a new career, so you’ll just have to take a selfie.
So obviously the winner needs to reside in the St. Louis area, or really really like someone in the St. Louis area that they would potentially have the worst picture ever of themselves posted on a public website so that they might win and give the prize to their friend.
All right – gotta go put up the Christmas lights. I’m crushing this to-do list today.
Contest RulesNo purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of sKIDmarks LLC, KINK Hair Salon, Kennedy Painting and other companies associated with the promotion of the contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations. Prizes must be redeemed within Sponsors service area (Greater St. Louis Metropolitan area)
- SPONSORS The Contest is sponsored by sKIDmarks LLC, KINK Hair Salon and Kennedy Painting.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES Participation in The Contest constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- CONTEST PERIOD The contest begins on April 7 and entries must be received by midnight on Wednesday, April 9. Three finalists will be announced on sKIDmarking.com on Thursday, April 10. Three finalist entry photos will be displayed on sKIDmarking.com where readers may vote via post commentary until noon on Monday, April 14. Entries that are submitted before or after the contest period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the contest using any of the following methods:
- HOW TO ENTER – Limit one entry and finalist vote per person and per email address for the duration of the contest period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- PRIZE SELECTION – Photo with the most votes via reader commentary by noon on Monday, April 14 will be named the winner. The Sponsors will attempt to notify the potential grand prize winner via email, sKIDmarking.com, Facebook and Twitter. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within five days of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsors may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place by second most votes.
- PRIZES – KINK hair prize includes $100 which may be used toward hair services with Carrie Straatman. Kennedy Painting will offer design services, color consultation and $100 to be used toward painting project. Prizes must be redeemed by December 31, 2014. Prizes have no cash value and may not be surrendered for cash.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS In the event that the operation, security, or administration of The Contest is impared in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, bug worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event The Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, the Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these official rules. The Sponsors reserved the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of The Contest to be acting in violation of these official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of The Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be mane, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsors to enforce any provision of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY By participating in The Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with The Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the released parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in The Contest or receipt or use the prize including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with The Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet service provider, network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunication or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties (b) unauthorized human intervention in the contest, (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors, (d) any other errors or problems in connection with The Contest, (e) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in The Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the released parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in The Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys fees. Released parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or used in The Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, The Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in St. Louis County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the sponsor in connection with The Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of St. Louis County, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than St. Louis County.
- TRANSFERRABILITY Grand prize may be transferred to eligible party within St. Louis metro area. All pre-stated rules and regulations apply.